Mid-day Article : Ganesha Painting

One of my paintings was featured in the Mumbai Mid-day today. I still haven’t read the print newspaper but the online version can be found here.

The original blog post can be found on the nainaredhu.com blog here.

The final painting:

I found the copy-writing of the article a little “filmy” but that’s how newspapers are I suppose. This is the first time I’ve been featured in a newspaper in India – so its cool! Yay!

Anoop Surendran said,

October 29, 2007 @ 4:05 am

Hi Naina,

I happened to read this MidDay article and it took me here! Though I’ve visited your blog & portfolio site quite a few times, this is the first time i am scrapping some comments.

Hey, I love this cute fatso ganesha! the use of earthy colors really rocked the painting!

And, could you please explain me why did you use white space for the eyes?

Well done!
Anoop

Naina said,

December 15, 2007 @ 3:16 am

Hi Anoop! Thank you for getting in touch and for the encouraging words! Honestly, the painting is a lot more random than it seems! The reason for leaving it abstract was to allow people to decipher whatever it was that inspired them and whatever they themselves saw in Ganesha! Very kind of you to stop by! Please be in touch!

Rajesh said,

August 29, 2008 @ 3:15 pm

gr8 painting!

Naina said,

August 30, 2008 @ 6:29 am

Thanks Rajesh!

VAISHNAVI said,

May 28, 2009 @ 11:11 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii……this is vaishu…..me finished ma 12th.mam and i just luv these kind of work…..i’m learnin these things nw………bfore tat i just mad of this…..and mam u hav done a excellent job…..its really fantabulous……please say wher 2 buy these paintins and i 2 learin these……please wher 2 buy the colors for doin these paintins mam…waitin for ur reply….keep doin these….all the best…..

Naina said,

May 30, 2009 @ 2:12 pm

Hi Vaishnavi, These oil paints can be bought from any stationery store. The ones I’ve used in this painting are Camel Oil Paints.

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI